Established on 3rd November 2006, Dr. C.V. Raman University has established itself as a premier world class University in Chhattisgarh, and more importantly, in Central India as the Research and Education hub of Professional Courses ranging from diverse fields like Management, Arts, Science, Law, Naturopathy and many more. Located over a vast area in the backward region of Kota Bilaspur, the University has transformed the perception of Higher Education in terms of its quality and accessibility.
Established by AISECT Group, the sponsoring body, the University was named after the first Nobel Laureate of the country, Dr. C.V. Raman.
With quality education being imparted to more than 85,000 students, our principle goal is to develop a new cadre of Confident, Capable and Cultured professionals who are evolved in terms of a skill set and thus, are Work Ready from day one.
At Dr. C.V. Raman University, through an innovative research based pedagogy along with world-class facilities and opportunities, we are providing the inspired, a platform to Be More!
Established in 1985, under the pioneering vision of Chairman and Founder, Mr. Santosh K. Choubey, AISECT is India’s leading skill development, educational, training and services delivery network whose mission is to reach out to the remotest corner of India and promote ICT based training and services to empower people, generate employment for the youth and unfold entrepreneurship based initiatives to create an inclusive society.
AISECT today has a pan-India presence with a network of 20,000 centres at district, block and panchayat levels across 27 states and 3 union territories as well as offices in over 30 cities. Through the plethora of programs, academies and platforms, AISECT has trained over 1.7 million people, generated over 15,000 rural entrepreneurs, created employment avenues within the its network for more than 50,000 people and empowered the lives of over 3 million people through innovative services.
AISECT has garnered recognition and accolades at both national and international levels. Notable among them are the Schwab Foundation's Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Senior Ashoka Fellowship, SKOCH Corporate Leadership Award, NASSCOM IT Innovation Award, Indian Innovation Award, Golden Icon in National e-Governance Award, i4D Award, NASSCOM Emerge 50 Leader Award, TiELumis Entrepreneurial Excellence Award, Financial Inclusion and Payment Systems (FIPS) Award, e-Gov India Award, Shiksha Ratna Award, etc. Furthermore, AISECT has been ranked 27th in the 2013 edition of Inc. India magazine's list of 'Top 500 Fastest Growing Mid-Sized Companies in India'.
The Dr. C.V. Raman University aims to provide a high standard of liberal education to its students, catering to their intellectual growth, as well as their holistic personality development, which nurtures them to be responsible adults committed to high ethical standards.
By pursuing these objectives with integrity, Dr. C.V. Raman University seeks to engage the mind and elevate the spirit to contribute in diverse ways to the local community, the state and the world and to attain and maintain a place of real leadership in all that we do.
Located in a serene environment, Dr. C.V. Raman University is the first private Universities in Chhattisgarh and this very fact is seen in the ideal academic atmosphere for the students and its unique teaching methodology. Established in 2006, Dr. C.V. Raman University aims to provide quality education which will not only help in intellectual growth but also help the students to become responsible adults. Named after India’s first Nobel Laureate Dr. C.V. Raman, CVRU is redefining the education scenario in the state by implementing cutting-edge technology-aided learning, world-class infrastructure for research and a unique intuitive teaching methodology.
Our main objectives:
- To provide quality education and make provisions for research for bright professional careers
- To establish state-of-the-art facilities to the students
- Students need an exposure to the environment of an industry which is fulfilled by regular industry visits
- To create higher levels of intellectual abilities
- To maintain the standard of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions in accordance with the norms laid down by UGC, AICTE, BCI, MCI and other regulatory bodies
ISO Certified: 9001-2008
- Dr. C. V. Raman University is set up under section 2(f) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) ACT. 1956/GOCG Act no. 29/2006.
- Its Engineering and Management Programs of Dr. C. V. Raman University recognized and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) Govt. of India.
- The Education Programs are recognized and approved by National Council for Teacher’s Education (NCTE) Govt. of India.
- The Distance Education Programs are Approved by Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India and Joint Committee(UGC, AICTE,,DEC)
- Law program approved by BCI
- Private Universities Regulatory Commission’s regular Inspection
- The University is member of AIU.
The University has gained a lot of goodwill and prestigious awards like the Chhattisgarh Achievers Award 2013 for ‘Best University of the Year’, Rajiv Gandhi Achievers Award for ‘Education’, ‘The Best University’ Award by Sadhna News, World Education Summit Award 2014 for ‘Innovation in Open and Distance Learning’ and an accreditation by NILET in 2014 .
Santosh K. Choubey
We focus on engaging the mind with necessary skills and craftsmanship required to meet the higher degree of knowledge and excellence required in the professional world. Further, to extend to the unreached sections of the society to impart need and knowledge based professional education we are providing the facility of online live lectures through our Institute of Open and Distance Education (IODE). We seek to contribute to the overall development of the local community, the state, the nation and the world, through diverse ways.
We at Dr. C.V. Raman University understand that success is based on high quality courses, good facilities, friendly ambience and dedicated academic staff. Here, we practice what we teach and our students can count on full support of faculty and administration. One of our strengths is the integrated and choice based courses that guide the students to graduate in subjects they want to specialize in at post-graduate level and continue to create further knowledge through research. The innovative courses so designed also save precious time, money and energy of the students while they remain focused to the field of their choice.
Let me assure you that the campus will offer you a safe, friendly, nurturing environment to shape you into a perfect and successful citizen.
Prof. Ravi Prakash Dubey
It is a matter of great pleasure for me to express my heartfelt feeling for Dr. C.V. Raman University, Kargi Road, Kota, Bilaspur (C.G.). Being the Vice chancellor of this university it gives me an immense pleasure to say that always a graduate from CVRU is like a finished product ready to take on the competitive world with a deep professional and technical know-how.The university will definitely continue to inculcate in its students the professional ethics, technical skill and work proficiency, which would enable them to work significantly towards themselves, society and the country. As, innovations in education involve a range of skills, habits of mind and subject knowledge, so the purpose of the university is to enable students to draw on their skills, habits and subject acquisition for significant participation in the intellectual and civic life.CVRU is committed to create conclusive atmosphere for teaching, learning, research, technology and extension of activities. CVRU provides skill – based & industry – based education catering to the demands of the current job market and makes it a perfect choice of career and also helps to grow into a confident and responsible adults.Therefore, to illuminate all the sectors of community and to give an opportunity to think on the inclusive growth, I wish that this university will provide glimpses of various activities ongoing throughout the environment to reach the new horizons in the world and contribute towards a high sense of dignity and excellence. I whole heartily wish all the best to all the stakeholders of this university for their personal and professional endeavours and welcome all at CVRU to learn and enjoy in an academic environment of global standards which not only educates one but also builds one’s character and personality. I welcome all the students and their parents to join hands with our university in our pursuit of excellence.
With Best Wishes
For well functioning of the University, Dr. C.V. Raman University has an executive committee which acts as the governing body. This committee consists of a board of members, who meet at regular intervals to discuss various issues. It is the governing body who drafts the Rules and Regulations of the institution for smooth functioning of the University.
Board of Management
The Board of Management is responsible for complete planning and execution of all activities of the University. The Vice Chancellor governs this body, which also consists of 10 board members and department heads and state government nominees.
The Financial Committee of Dr. C.V. Raman University is responsible for the various economic and financial allotments throughout the academic year. This particular committee is the advisor to the Board of Directors which assists them in all terms of fund allocation.
This Council is governed by Vice Chancellor of the University, which is also comprised of 18 members. This academic council functions as the principle for- formulating, regulating and maintaining the standards of teaching, assistantship, research, extensions, training and examination in the University. This department is also responsible for drafting the policies related to academic operations and procedures.
Dr. C.V Raman University has all the reasons to be the Best University
- Dr. C.V Raman University is a premier University in Chhattisgarh which provides quality education
- It provides digital learning programs to its students
- With its affiliation by electronics, telecom, retailer and construction skill councils the university provides skill development vocational courses
- Qualified faculty of CVRU is always there to encourage and motivate the students in choosing the right profession
- What makes it more ideal is that, the University provides a number of student centric services – counseling, training, placement support and personality grooming which forms an integral part for successful employment
- The University also encourages the students to participate in extra-curricular activities like music, dance, debate, sports, etc.
- Industrial linkages of the University give students good career opportunities
- The campus has Wi-Fi facility with 3G and 4G towers
- It is the first University to start its own community radio ’90.4 Radio Raman’
- The University houses Institute of Distance Education (IODE) providing live online lectures through Distance Learning Centres
- CVRU has been selected for the execution of Deen Dayal Upadhyay Kaushal Kendra Yojna
- Finally, at CVRU, you will grow into a confident and responsible adults
AISECT has joined hands with NSDC with the mission to skill around 1.3 million youth across rural and semi-urban India over the next ten years. AISECT’s unique value proposition arises from the breadth of its offerings. Currently, under this partnership AISECT is offering several Certificate, Diploma and PG Diploma level programs through its following Academies - IT and Management, Hardware and Networking, Livelihood and Vocational Training, Banking, Financial Services and Insurance, Agriculture, Teachers Training, textile Training, Telecom Skills, Auto Skills, Retail Management, Fire Safety & Security.